Kristen Ciappara – Agency Life
Kristen was another standout student from our Diploma program. Towards the end of her course she was encouraged by the college to shoot for an entry level event role at experiential agency Marc Edward Agency (MEA). Kristen was the only one surprised to find that the job of Account Coordinator in the MEA Activation Team was hers within weeks of graduating!.
Our relationship with this particular agency gives a great indication of how our college connections work…on so many levels AND shows openly once again the ‘who’s who’ nature of the event industry.
Kristen recently wrote a piece for the MEA blog giving great insight into her transition from studying at CoEM to working in an agency like MEA.
So, what kind of projects does Kristen get to work on in an agency like MEA? Check out some of their latest projects here:
Other reasons why we love MEA:
- They give back to industry.
- They have been instrumental in setting up a direct intern program for chosen CoEM students.
- They support ‘best practice’ event management training and professionalism in the industry.
- They actively encourage bright and enthusiastic event management graduates.
- They give their time to foster strong industry relationships.
Like many students, Kristen was unaware of the opportunities that exist within this wonderful industry. There is seemingly no end to it’s breadth and scope, particularly as time goes on. No doubt she will progress through the ranks of MEA and other event work places of the future.